Do I qualify for a SPSF Scholarship?
Scholarships are awarded through a competitive selection; not all who apply will receive the scholarship.
Single Parent Scholarship Fund reviews applications once each year. Applications are available annually in April. To be considered for a scholarship for the upcoming academic year, students must postmark or deliver their applications by June 15th. Students chosen to receive the scholarship will be awarded $900 in August and another $900 in January, contingent upon continued eligibility and fund availability.
Applicants who have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree are not eligible.
Single parents selected for financial assistance must meet the federal guidelines for low-income families plus:
• Be a resident of Pulaski County
• Be a single parent, with legal custody and have sole responsibility for the daily care of at least one child under 18
• Have at least a 2.5 GPA for the most recent semester and maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA
• Be eligible for the Pell Grant and must be approved for the Pell Grant before payment will be made from the scholarship fund
• Be enrolled full time in an undergraduate degree program
Must be enrolled at one of the following schools:
• Arkansas Baptist College
• ASU Beebe (LRAFB Campus)
• Baptist Schools of Nursing and Allied Health
• Harding University (NLR campus only)
• John Brown University
• Park University (LRAFB Campus)
• Philander Smith College
• Pulaski Technical College
• University of Arkansas at Little Rock
• University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
• UAPB (North Little Rock Campus)
The $900 Scholarship May Be Used For:
• Tuition, books, and school supplies
• Rent or mortgage payments
• Utility bills
• Car repairs and insurance
• Day care
• Medical bills
• And other items upon approval
The official 2012 SPSF application is now available for download. The annual scholarship deadline is June 15. Current applications forms are required. SPSF applications are for new applicants only.
Click Here to download the 2012 SPSF Application.
Requires free Adobe Reader.
If you are a Current Recipient needing to renew you will need a Renewal Application. Please contact SPSF for more information.
Need more help?
Click here for a list for other scholarships and resources in your area.